Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Kindle's First Impression


When my holidays started, I had mixed emotions. I was happy to be out of school for a month but... dread filled me when I thought of the bi annual cleaning out of my cupboards. My cupboards get so messed up in school days, it’s necessary to clean them at least two times a year. While doing my last clean up for the year, I was amazed by the astonishing collection of books I had amassed over the years. When I showed my mom my literally overflowing cupboards of books, we were both thinking the same thing- if we buy even more books to satisfy our thirst for knowledge and reading, our cupboards will burst!! It was a moment of inspiration when my mom said “What about one of those e-readers?” Then and there started our search for a good e-reader that would delay, and hopefully stop the impending problem of the books.

The search went on for shorter than one might think, the reason being there is only a diminutive selection of the e-readers available on the market anyway. We went through customer review to customer review on various sites and finally decided that the Kindle would be our best bet so far. When we found out that the Kindle was only selling on Amazon, we were first dismayed for Amazon only delivers in the US and nowhere else. But our spirits were lifted when we found out that Amazon was doing international shipping on the Kindle e-reader now!

And then we ordered the Kindle and luckily it was a very quick delivery.

It’s been a month now and we’re still satisfied. We’re still of the opinion that it was a good decision. It’s actually a good thing that I have my books on the light-weight Kindle, because one of my books has at LEAST 700 pages- no lie! It is so much of a relief to not have to lug a big, fat book around now! I used to think some of my books as ‘cuddly’ when I was much younger but I’ve outgrown that stage now. The screen of the Kindle isn’t in colour but it doesn’t matter now since all my books are black-and-white.

I remember when, not so long ago, I used to use pieces of tissue,ribbon, sweetie wrappers,pieces of rope etc. for  bookmarks while now I can make a bookmark at the touch of a button.I can change the font size at my pleasure.

Even though the screen is small and I cant cuddle up with it, its still a cute little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment