Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Seafood, music and family..... My perfect birthday celebration!!!


Mmmm.... Who would’ve ever thought that oysters, escargots (snails, for all you non-French speaking types;) ), kingklip and a whole lotta sushi would leave your tastebuds spellbound? Coupled with amazing singers belting out my favourite tunes, my twelfth birthday celebration was, to put it simply,SUPERB!!!


 Oh, the sushi, oh, the oysters, OMG, les escargots! Long-lasting is my family’s love for seafood, and forever shall the exquisite taste of the succulent oysters remain in my mouth.... (Not that I didn’t brush my teeth or anything.....) My dad says that he shall  forever remember the Kingklip Tempura, for its  ravishing taste and excellent presentation. Me and my mom, however shall evermore sing praises of the sushi chefs of Tsunami, even when we lie in our graves. 

Best of all was the Sakura Maki and the tasteful, beautiful, simple Prawn Nigiri, which we drooled over in our excitement. Recently diminished, was my mom’s sushi passion, a few months ago b­y bad sushi, but, revived byTsunami. My favourite, however, of the delicate, delectable, delicious dishes, has got to be the Tempura Oyster. Nestled in a sparkling, shiny, shimmering seashell, the crumbed sea-dweller left my refined tastebuds stunned! Overall, the entire experience was AMAZING!!! 


Exorbitant thanks go to my wonderfully thoughtful dad, who booked us the table for the meal of our lifetime, and my remarkable mom, who booked us the seats for the Barnyard Theatre, aka my next topic....
KIDZ ROCK!! 


And so did the energetic cast of Kids Rock, as they belted out famous songs from Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, P!NK and of course...... ONE DIRECTION!!!!!!!! The Barnyard Theatre is classily decorated and built to look like the theatre is built inside a barn. With wooden floors, walls and seating areas, the modern stage looks very out of place in the spacious, clean, well-kept entertainment area. With an entertaining side-story focusing on four of the main ‘characters’- Drew, Lea, Sarah and Josh, the songs were cleverly fitted into the story and, if you knew the songs previously, made perfect sense in relation to the story.

 Of course, it helped that they were all spectacular singers, and fantastic actors, and sung the songs so well, especially Sarah, who sung two Adele songs seemingly effortlessly. The two dancers were simply awe-inspiring, and performed stunts I would never attempt. All in all, the show was delightful, and I left the theatre smiling, as did my mom and dad.


THANK YOU SO MUCH MAMA AND PAPA! MY BIRTHDAY WAS AN ABSOLUTE SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O

2 comments:

  1. Its an absolute pleasure,my darling ! I'm glad that you enjoyed your b'day so much. You bring sunshine and happiness in our lives ! Many happy returns of the day !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was a memorable birthday this time ! ' Tsunami ' is worth a second visit ;) Happy Birthday again !

    ReplyDelete