Friday, July 17, 2009

Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince ---- The Movie

Harry Potter And The Half -Blood Prince, By J.K Rowling

Daniel Radcliff as Harry Potter in year six at Hogwarts ,looks more older than he was in year one and so do Emma Watson as Hermoine Granger and Rupert Grint as Ron. Michael Gambon as Proffesor Dumbeldore looks almost the same.

The movie begins by Harry waiting at a train station for Professor Dumbeldore and it surprised me to see the Professor suddenly appearing after a train has passed.He asks Harry to hold his arm and they immediately land in the village of Budleigh Babberton .Dumbeldore tells Harry that they have to pursue Horace Slughorn ,his old friend, to come back to Hogwarts and teach. They reach Horace’s deserted house .But then Professor Dumbeldore pokes on an armchair with the tip of wand and it says’ Oww’ and a man rises and that was Horace .This was a hilarious appearance.

The scene in which Fred and George Weasley ‘s shop, Weasley’s Wizarding Whezes ,Ron asks his brothers how much the boxes he was holding cost ,they say” five Galleons”, to which Ron says “ I am your brother!” ,then Fred and George say” ten Galleons!” was very funny. Another interesting scene in the movie was when Katie Bell ,a Gryffindor Chaser in Quidditch , floats in the air and screams.Yet another fascinating part is when Aragog,Hagrid’s huge spider friend ,dies and Hagrid , Profssor Slughorn and Harry bury him. It is said that Aragog is a real model and they had to use a crane to lift it. You can realy see the spells moving in the air. One scary part is when the death eaters zip around looking like black stripes in the air .

The music was nice and it went with the flow of the movie.In one scene,Harry uses a spell called Sectumsempera ,which makes gashes in the person’s chest , but Tom Felton who plays Draco Malfoy didn’t lose any blood as there were long tubes filled with fake blood pasted to his body .One time Tom had to change costumes seven times.

I would watch this movie over and over again as it has a bit of mystery in it and some funny scenes as well.But there is lots of magic which I love a lot.

11 comments:

  1. Hi ! I am also a big fan of Harry Potter and watched the movie.It is incredible.I am glad to have found your blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Katherine:

    Hi ! I am glad that you found my blog.I hope you continue to read and comment here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I have not seen the moview yet, but I am enchanted by your blog. Your attention to details is amazing. I am encouraged to see the moview by reading you blog. This is a great blog. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I happen to find your blog. All your reviews are excellent read. You bring out the deatils and fine points of the books you read very well. Continue writing and amaze us with your blogs...Wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anonymous

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice review,But do you think it is better than the other harry potter series movies ? I don't think so,As I think it is the poorest movies from Harry Potter
    Watch movies online

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Himu

    Thankyou.I also find that the movie is not as good as the others but it is still okay!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this movie an I big fan of Herry Potter's Movies
    I watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince from this site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ sachet
    Thankyou for the link.I will check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The most recent Harry Potter movies aren't that good anymore especially since most of the young characters got older now.... There was a certain cuteness to Harry Potter before that appealed more to kids... I doubt if its still there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Movie Blaster

    I agree with you.Harry Potter and Hermoine Granger have changed a lot but Ron Weasley hasnt changed much.

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete