Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

By J.K Rowling


My mom got me my first Harry Potter book when I was 5 1/2 years old.It was No.2,Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, but I didn’t understand a few characters so I asked my mom for No.1 and ever since I have been reading the entire series over and over again.

Harry is a orphan boy of ten years old .His parents were killed by the dark Lord Voldemort when he was one year old .Strange things happen to the people around him because he is a wizard. Near his eleventh birthday he gets lots of letters addressed to him which confirm Harry’s acceptance to Hogwarts,a wizarding school and a list of the things and books he will need to become a wizard.His uncle,Vernon Dursley destroys all of them as he does not want Harry to become a wizard.He nails the letter box shut so no letters can come through it.It’s funny when Mr.Dursley nails the mail box shut but the letters reach the house in a different way.They come in from tiny, thin spaces in the house and from inside the eggs.

There are 3 types of wizards:1 Pure-bloods in which all the family are witches and wizards.2.Half-bloods in which the mom or dad can be Muggle and the other parent wizard. 3 Muggle-born in which both parents are non-wizards.

The scary part is in the end when Professor Quirrell,one of Harry’s teachers at Howgwarts has two faces.One is his own and the other is Voldemort’s disfigured face.

It is overall a scary ,sometimes happy story.

No comments:

Post a Comment